New members are very welcome and experience is not necessary. There is no requirement to become actively involved and many of our members focus on the talks and study days. If you are interested then come along to one of our talks for a fee of £5 (refundable if you decide to join) where you can meet the committee and other members.
The annual membership fee (from 1st April to the end of March) is £20 per person (reduced to £10 if paid between January and March), full time students under the age of 23 pay £5. For this the society offers:
- A varied programme of lectures & meetings from September to May, which are free.
- Access to study days and trips, charged for on a cost recovery basis only.
- Access to fieldwork activities is usually free but sometimes a charge will apply on a cost recovery basis.
Only members can take part in fieldwork activities. Non-members can attend lectures, study days and take part in trips when spaces are available, this is at an additional charge of £5 over and above the members rate.
There are three ways of renewing your membership or joining from scratch:
- Cash/cheque - Send a completed membership form along with a cheque made payable to CDAS to the Membership Secretary, contact details are given below. If paying in person then cash is fine but it is not recommended that you send it by post.
- Internet Banking – Whether you are a new or existing member please send a completed membership form by email or post to the Membership Secretary. Make payment to Chichester & District Archaeology Society, or CDAS for short.
Sort Code 40-17-16
Reference (where applicable) ‘your name’.
- By Standing Order – Whether you are new or an existing member please send a completed membership form by post or email to the Membership Secretary. If you are new then contact your bank to set up the Standing Order (see form below for details). If you are an existing member then please check that the existing Standing Order is for the correct amount.
If you would like to become involved in the fieldwork activities then you should contact Peter Murphy (Coastal Monitoring) via , and/or Trevor Davies (surveying and excavation) via . They will add you to their list of volunteers and get in contact as opportunities arise.
Membership Secretary: Mrs Pat Ferry, 3 Langbrook Close, Havant, PO9 1RS
- Is not for profit.
- Only holds information for membership management purposes.
- Will not share information unless the member has given permission for a stated purpose.
- Will only keep information to fulfill administrative and legal requirements.
- When emailing and if contact is being made to a large section of the membership then blind addresses will be used. If a member has signed up for a specific activity with a small sub-group then it may be appropriate to include the email addresses of all those in that group. If any member feels that their email address is particularly sensitive then please contact a committee member.