Our 2019 Priory Park excavation started on May 20th and ran for 2 weeks.
The objectives of this year’s excavation were:
- To investigate the area to south and south-east of the bath-house in order to establish its extent and to identify any connected structures or rooms associated with it.
- To establish any relationship between the bath-house and Building 3.
- If no connection exists, to investigate and identify the area between the two buildings.
- To investigate the north part of Building 3 in order establish its limits and to identify its purpose and state of preservation.
- To secure further evidence for the date of construction and occupation of the buildings and any other activity that precedes or post-dates them.
A more complete report on this year's findings will be published here in due course.
Update: At the time of writing the 2019 excavation is almost complete. A post-excavation 3D model has been completed and is displayed below: As with the other models featured on our website the controls are as follows:
Press the 'play' symbol, then when the model has loaded 'left mouse click and hold' to rotate, 'right mouse click and hold' to pan sideways, use mouse scroll wheel (or hold Ctrl + mouse drag) to zoom. Click on any numbered annotations for more information on the features identified.